Saturday, August 12, 2023

 


Memo to Universe(s)

An update on the baby sister of David L Lewis



DATE:    August 16 2023

TO:        Known Universe, or Universes as case may be

RE:        Diane Kathleen Wheeler (nee Lewis) alias Aunt Diane

               aka: My snotty-spoiled-rotten-daddy-loved-her-the-best-baby-sister
               Born on above date in year of this Universe Nineteen-hundred-[CENSORED]

Dear Known Universe,

As result of our parents providing me with just one, she is my only little sister role-model. I do think a good one, but who would I compare her to? Our daddy called her “Pie” – no idea why. I’d call her “Di” – because she didn’t like it. With all that, I have no memory of a universe which did not include Diane Kathleen.

If I may be so bold, Known Universe, based on my observation of [CENSORED] years, here are five things you need in a little sister:

#1) Lefty! Yes, lefties do have well-earned reputation of being kooks. Probably too often, though, when I see a woman is left handed (and I always notice) I inform her left-handed girls make the best sisters. I know this because my sister told me so, and good sisters never lie to big brothers.

#2) Lucky in Love! Married 50 years to Bob Wheeler, who is both a very smart and very intelligent man, and a devout Christian. She may have gotten better part of the deal. She got a husband who loves her and cares for her, and puts up with her. All Bob got was a left-handed kook. For the record, all that I have, any good coming to my family these past 30-some years is owed to Bob and his love for a left-handed kook.

#3) Big brother Lifesaver! Way back in 2008 (yes, she’s had a lot of birthdays) I wrote what is still true: ‘There have been times, too many times, when I needed my keister rescued from one or another idiocy of my own making. My baby sister was always there for me. For most of my childhood she was my best friend and closet confidant. I would not have survived adolescence without her.’ Adding to all that, she has in recent years become my first and best editorial resource when I am not sure what it is I’m saying in these blogs!

#4) Gives more than received! Loves pets to which she is allergic; takes in exchange students she then adopts for life; bares her heart with her art; rushes in to care for the hurting, to fill what is lacking; and, shares her faith with agape love even when she knows it will be rejected.

#5) Child of the King! In her own thoughts about her view of God...

     Deity means God.
     Contemplation of Him is useless.
     Our wisdom is foolishness to God.
     Humans cannot comprehend the universe.
     He is as big as the individual mind can image.
     Our universe is only one of an unknown number.
     The concept of God is limited by the human mind.
     Divinity means the characteristic of being like a god.
     Your Deity is personal, and isn’t necessarily a god, gods, or religion.
     You can only use the ability to understand Him as you have been given by Him.
     Never has it entered the mind of man what God has in store for those who love Him.
     Your Deity is that which gives you truth, purpose, balance, peace, security, defense, recourse.
     Time does not exist, and God is not contained within it. It is man made and has never existed.

On this description, Known Universe, I defy you to improve.

Just writing for any Universe which would be improved by having my snotty-spoiled-rotten-daddy-loved-her-the-best-baby-sister!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 Posted to Brazil Times Blog September 11 2017 We were there We were there when everyone from Maine to California said it was a beautiful ...